At the YMCA of Greater New York, creating a welcoming and healthy environment is a team effort. We ask everyone — staff, members, volunteers and guests — to follow our Code of Conduct, which is based on our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Create a healthy environment; adhere to all required New York City Covid-19 mandates and stay home if you have any symptoms of being sick.
- Speak in respectful tones; refrain from the use of vulgar or derogatory language; and dress appropriately.
- Resolve conflicts in a respectful, honest, and caring manner; never resort to physical contact or threatening gestures.
- Respect others by refraining from intimate behavior in public; abstain from contact of a sexual nature.
- Respect the property of others; never engage in theft or destruction.
- Create a safe, caring environment; never carry illegal firearms or devices.
- Participate in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body; never engage in the use, sale, dispensing, or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol on YMCA premises.
Adherence to the YMCA Code of Conduct and regulations is essential.